On Our Way To You

On Our Way To You

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bittersweet

We have exciting news we would like to share, but first a little of our journey we have been on over the past few weeks!

On Thursday, April 24th our adoption agency called us and said that we were going to matched with a child on Monday, BUT there were some changes taking place they wanted us to be aware of before, so we could then make the decision whether or not we wanted to continue in the process.  We felt like we have come this far, we are going to keep on going until the doors are closed!

On Sunday, April 27th, Chapel and I said 'bye' to Andrew and Trust and we headed down the road to Myrtle Beach for a week long vacation with my family.

On Monday, April 28th, we got THE CALL, and an e-mail of information and a few pictures about a little boy in Uganda that we had been matched with! Chapel and I Skyped Andrew and we opened the information together.  For 3 1/2 years I've day dreamed about the day we get 'the call' and the first time we would see a picture of our soon-to-be son. I never imagined we would be in separate states and that it would be filled with such uncertainty.  Nevertheless, I read every detail to learn more about this little guy and got to show off his picture to my entire family!

On Tuesday, April 29th, I found a Kinko's in Myrtle Beach that was 1.8 miles from our condo. I thought it would be fun to walk there, so my sister, Channing and I walked while Chapel rode her bike...bad idea. It was stressful.  Thankfully, we arrived in one piece, and I happily printed, signed, scanned and e-mailed the paperwork to our agency agreeing to accept the referral!

Since accepting the referral, the agency has learned more information about adoption processes in Uganda...without going into detail, it is VERY unsteady.  So, while Andrew and I try to quickly get paperwork finished, we could GREATLY use your prayers.

We have fallen in love with a picture of a little boy in Uganda who is need of a forever family. We want our family to be able to bring him home, but it is going to take close to a miracle for it to actually happen. Please pray that we will have favor, that our process would move quickly, that we would be able to bring our "Uganda Baby" home.  

We can send a small package to him next week!  We are going to send him a stuffed dog, that Chapel, Trust and I made at Build-a-Bear. Chapel has slept with this stuffed animal since we brought it home, and named him "Uganda". We are also going to send him a plastic book toy that has pictures of us in it.

We really, really, appreciate all prayers you want to lift up for us and for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment