On Our Way To You

On Our Way To You

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

We are HOME!!


Late Thursday night we arrived to Louisville airport.  Jude was sound asleep on plane, it was 2:00 a.m. Uganda time.  We had to wake him up, which he was less than thrilled about.  We managed to get him calmed down shortly after walking off the plane.
We were so excited to see many of our friends and family there waiting on us...but who I couldn't wait to see was my Trust! My emotions overcame me when I saw him...I think he was pretty happy to see me too!
Chapel was laughing at me when we were walking toward everyone because I was already getting emotional, but when she saw her friends and family there, she started crying too!
Chapel with her best friend, Ella Drew and her cousins Sadie and Madison.
Andrew with his mom and Chapel and my mom in the back. 

Our first picture of our family all together! 

We arrived home to pumpkins and mums on our front porch, a cleaned house, candy corn, a pantry and refrigerator full of our favorites, presents for the kids, gift cards, a newly decorated room for Jude and a 'welcome home' sign! Such an overwhelming feeling of love! Thank you to all who made our coming home so wonderful! 

First night all 3 kiddos are together!

Since, Jude has done AMAZING!  He loves on Trust and Trust loves him...he smiles anytime Jude is near!

I know I had mentioned in a previous post about Jude's horrific fear of dogs.  Well, he and Charlie are doing far better than I could have ever imagined!  Yesterday, Jude even reached out to touch his tail (as he walking away) and today they snuggled while watching a 'Baby Einstein.'

This past Sunday was Orphan Sunday.  We got to dedicate Jude to the Lord on November 1st, Orphan Sunday! Our friends and family came to be a part of the service. It was such a blessing to have them there!
Jude's grandfather praying over him and dedicating him to the Lord.
Right now, Jude is napping in his own room, in his own bed. :) I can't tell you how blessed we feel to finally be home and to be doing life with this amazing little boy! 
A special thanks to Rachel for refinishing Jude's headboard (and dresser) and to Allie for making his name!







No comments:

Post a Comment